Our students learn the importance of tzedakah during their first days and every day at CJDS. Our graduates become lifelong participants in a variety of community service projects, including:
- Our students have a monthly “mitzvah wagon” where we collect food and non-perishables for Jewish Family Services. Individual classes deliver the items to the JFS food pantry.
- Our students regularly visit Oasis and the Sunrise Assited Living facility to meet and talk, learn and interact with residents.
- Our students have held successful clothing drives and toy drives for those in need.
- Students participate in recycling projects and other creative ways to create a more
- Students give “tzedakah” on a weekly basis.