Charlotte Jewish Day School sets the standard for elementary education based on Jewish beliefs.
We have a vision that the children of Charlotte Jewish Day School will…
- Know that being Jewish is the essence of who they are
- Be accomplished, educated students who are motivated, lifelong learners
- Care about others even when it is difficult
- Understand that it is more important to do their best than to be the best
- Have the courage to stand up after they have stumbled
- See the Torah as a blueprint for their lives
- Develop a relationship with G-d that is always present
- Be proud of their strengths and acknowledge their weaknesses
- Recognize the value of all people
- Realize the importance of unity among all Jews
- Feel an unconditional love for and connection to Israel and its people
The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history. Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.